Tools & Supplies you will need
1. Water heater
2. Copper tubing and assorted fittings
3. Vacuum valve
4. Emery cloth
used to clean outside of pipe ends prior to soldering
6. Lead-free solder
7. Garden hose
used to drain water from heater
8. Teflon tape
used on threads of vacuum valve
How to install a water heater
1. Turn off cold-water pipe leading into the water heater.
2. Shut off the gas supply to the heater.
3. Drain water from the heater using a garden hose.
4. Use a tubing cutter to sever the cold- and hot-water pipes connected to the
5. Disconnect the union that connects the gas pipe to the heater.
6. Remove old water heater.
7. Set new heater on top of blocks.
8. Attach exhaust flue to top of heater.
9. Solder new copper pipe to connect heater to cold- and hot-water pipes.
10. Reconnect gas line to heater.
11. Install vacuum valve to top of heater; wrap threads with Teflon tape,
tighten with pliers.
12. Turn on cold water to fill tank.